Data Governance Act (DGA)
About the Data Governance Act (DGA)
Full name: Regulation (EU) 2022/868 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 30 May 2022 on European data governance and amending Regulation (EU) 2018/1724 (Data Governance Act).
Objective and key elements:
- Encourage the sharing and re-use of data across sectors and EU countries to leverage the potential of data while respecting data privacy, confidentiality and IPR.
- Both personal and non-personal data are in scope.
- Assistance from the public sector body to access data.
- Member States will be required to set up a single information point.
- Data intermediaries to function as neutral third parties.
Relevant to: Mainly for public sector bodies, but also providers of data intermediation services (data marketplaces and pools) and data altruism organisations.
Status: In force, applies from 24 September 2024.